ONE Doctoral Consortium
76h Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (AOM)
Anaheim, CA., August 5-10, 2016
The ONE Doctoral Consortium offers a networking, learning, and research reflection opportunity to doctoral students engaged in organizations and the natural environment (ONE) research.
The consortium allows doctoral students at various stages of their program to engage with other like-minded students, and gain valuable mentorship from junior and senior faculty in their field. Doctoral students will have the opportunity to network with colleagues, ask candid questions to faculty, and discuss their research projects in an open environment.
The ONE Doctoral Consortium program combines networking sessions to meet key scholars in the ONE field with informal dialogue about each student’s research. These dialogues take place in small groups to maximize the interaction and engagement between all the students and faculty members. The program will close with a session on future career opportunities and the ONE network. It will conclude with a reception that will include faculty participating in the doctoral consortium and other leading ONE researchers.
The ONE division will provide three $500 scholarships for applicants from developing countries with financial need. Should you wish to apply for one of these limited scholarships, please include a short statement in your application regarding your financial need and how this bursary could help you support your participation in the workshop and the AOM conference.
The ONE Doctoral Consortium will be held on Friday, August 5th, 1-5:30pm, followed by an informal reception for participants.
The ONE faculty members that will be there to exchange ideas include:
- Pascual Berrone, IESE Business School
- Timo Busch, Universität Hamburg
- Cynthia Clark, Bentley University
- Nicole Darnall, Arizona State University
- Magali Delmas, University of California, Los Angeles
- Caroline Flammer, University of Western Ontario (Ivey)
- Shon Hiatt, University of Southern California (Marshall)
- Desiree Pacheco, Portland State University
- Hans Rawhouser, University of Nevada (Lee)
- Jorge Rivera, George Washington University
- Garima Sharma, University of Western Ontario (Ivey)
- Wes Sine, Cornell University (Johnson)
- Mike Toffel, Harvard University (HBS)
- Frank Wijen, Rotterdam School of Management
- Jeffrey York, University of Colorado (Leeds)
- A one-page memo stating your motivation and interest for participating in the ONE Doctoral Consortium
- A two-page research abstract containing information about the main objectives, theoretical perspective, methodological approach and expected findings of your project
- A current CV
Applications are due by May 20th, 2016. However, we will be doing rolling admissions, so earlier applications are highly encouraged as the number of participants is limited.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Adam Fremeth and Andrea Prado
Chairs, ONE Division Doctoral Consortium